Logistic Executive (HS code specialist)
Seri Kembangan (HQ)
- Coordinate with local customs brokers / logistics team to classify products’ HS code based on the descriptions provided by the purchasers.
- Understand the local HS codes and import regulation of each country and ensure the compliance before initiate any shipment.
- Knowledge/Understanding of European Union (EU/UK) Tariff Schedules (preferred but not compulsory)
- Identify and obtain correct description information necessary to decipher appropriate classification for parts
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with all key contacts (locally, regionally, or internationally) as needed within MR.DIY, as well as across departments within the local district (at origin and destination) to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes
- Maintain regular communication with peers, Supervisor, Purchasers, and/or Import Managers to gain and share knowledge of best practices and common challenges/opportunities
- Works with Supervisor to effectively resolve delays that are outside of his/her control
- Communicate effectively with the Purchasers for question(s) regarding the interpretation of the product description(s) and its HS code(s)
- Maintain and perform housekeeping on HS codes Masterlist for all countries and records the relevant information at all times
- Be available to train others as needed within various product lines that are specific to his/her role
- Other duties as assigned by superior.
- Customs operation and HS codes knowledge
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (intermediate Excel skill is compulsory)
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, multi-task, flexibility
- Research, excellent conflict resolution/creative problem-solving, and follow-up skills
- Ability to articulate clearly through written and oral presentation
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2023